The start of summer heralds the start of the entertaining season. We’re all beginning to venture out of our rugged up winter hideouts and pull on shorts and sunnies to fire up the first of the summer BBQs. The summer entertaining season is made all the easier with the right kitchen appliances to ensure you’re serving up delicious food and drinks all season long.
Start your summer weekends right with a tall serving of breakfast pancakes. Throw in some chocolate chips and the day will be even better. Try an easy alternative pancake recipe that all your guests will be able to eat and enjoy.
VEGAN CHOC CHIP PANCAKE RECIPE
- 120g self-raising flour
- 200g soya or nut milk
- 2 tbsp mild olive oil
- 2 tbsp dark agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean pasta or extract
- 50g dark dairy free chocolate chip
- Heat a frying pan or crepe pan.
- Pour your flour into a large bowl and set aside while you work with the wet ingredients.
- Whisk together the milk, olive oil, agave and vanilla bean paste.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour and whisk until just combined. Don’t over-whisk and don’t worry about it being perfectly smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and set aside for a couple of minutes.
- Once the pan is hot, pour in some batter.
- Once the pancake bubbles, flip over and give it another minute or two, then move to a plate and do the same with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with a drizzle of agave nectar or maple syrup.
The perfect appliance to do the job is a Beko Vitro Ceramic Cooktop.
Original recipe can be found here
Juicy Roast Chicken
A roast chicken is the most versatile dish to serve all year-round. Team it with baked veggies in the winter or fresh salads in the summer. You can even use the chilled leftovers to make an always popular chicken Caesar salad the next day.
ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE
- Serves: 8 servings
- Time: 40 minutes cook time
- Difficulty: Easy
- Type of dish: Main
- 1 small whole chicken
- 50ml olive oil
- 1tsp seasoning
- 10 eschallots or baby cocktail onions
- 1 bunch baby beetroots
- 2Tb brown sugar
- 60ml sherry vinegar (Pedro Ximenez) or balsamic vinegar
- Set the steam assist oven to 220ºC on steam assist cooking function.
- Butterfly chicken by removing the back bone down either side of the bird keeping as close as possible to the joints. Open up and using a knife hit the top of the breast plate in its thickest part splitting the plate open. Spread open and flatten with hand.
- Place chicken on a tray with grease proof paper. Rub with oil and seasoning. Place in oven and for a cook time of 40 minutes. Set minute minder for 15 minutes.
- Place onions and beets in an oven proof dish and cover with brown sugar and vinegar. Mix well. When minute minder has completed 15 minutes, place onions and beets in oven with chicken for remaining 25 minutes.
- Carve chicken and serve with trimmings.
The perfect appliance to get this done is the Westinghouse Multifunction Double Oven.
Original recipe can be found here.
Summer Cocktails and Sweet Wines
[Photo: “Summer drinks” by Tomasz Rynkiewicz on Unsplash]
Keep your drinks where the entertaining is happening, be it the deck, BBQ area or the home bar. However, forget about the clutter of plastic coolers and inefficient metal drink tubs.
The perfect appliance for the job is a Vintec Home Wine Bar. They are designed to be placed under-bench and to suit the modern lifestyle. Have your best wines on hand and at the perfect serving temperatures – ready to be enjoyed! The glass doors also make it easy to the view what is on offer and what needs restocking.