We’ve got some footy finals snacks that are a twist on the classic favourites. So ditch the store-bought frozen food for these tasty treats that every fan will love!
Meat Lovers Pie
Why choose between the classic meat pie or meat lovers pizza when you can have both?! Grab your Sunbeam Pie Magic and make a super impressive meat lovers pie!
Watch the clip or follow the steps below to get started.
Pepperoni/Salami (or both!)
- Dice the red onion. Set aside in a bowl.
- Stir the minced beef in a pot over medium heat until thoroughly cooked. Set aside.
- Lay out your pastry sheets and cut out the moulds using the Sunbeam Pie Magic pastry cutter. Prepare the bases in the Sunbeam Pie Magic appliance and set the tops aside.
- Fill the bases with the red onion, meats, cheese and sauce.
- Place the pastry tops on the pies and close the Pie Magic, leaving them to cook for 15 mins.
- Take them out and serve with tomato or BBQ sauce!
Popcorn is always a family favourite – but why stop at buttered popcorn? With the Breville Smoking Gun, you can give popcorn a whole new, exciting flavour.
Check out just how easy it is with the clip or follow the steps below.
Microwavable butter popcorn
Salt, to taste
- Microwave butter popcorn as per packet instructions and put popcorn in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap, leaving an edge to place the Smoking Gun through.
- Use the Smoking Gun and cover the bowl entirely. Give it a light shake and leave to infuse for 1-2 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with paprika. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve!
Root Vegetable Chips with Chimichurri Dip
Skip on the packeted potato chips and opt for something much more wholesome in both flavour and nutrients. KitchenAid’s Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment makes it so easy to incorporate veggies into your meals – and footy snacks are no exception!
Watch the clip below to see how easy it is to use the attachment to make sweet potato chips too!
2 sweet potatoes, ends trimmed, cut into 4-inch sections
2 parsnips, ends trimmed, cut into 4-inch sections
2 beets, ends trimmed, cut into 4-inch sections
3 teaspoons olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
1½ tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon flaked salt
2 tablespoons grated
½ cup parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
3 tablespoons sour cream
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Combine parsley, cilantro, garlic, lemon zest, sea salt and chilli flakes in medium bowl.
- Puree sour cream, mayonnaise and avocado in a blender. Add just a bit of water, if needed.
- Combine avocado puree with parsley-cilantro mixture. Store in airtight container until ready to use.
- Attach the Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment to the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Insert food holder into the centre of one end of the sweet potato and secure onto attachment. Insert food skewer through the sweet potato, up to the first mark.
- Attach ThinBlade to attachment. Position bowl under the blade to catch sweet potato. Turn Stand Mixer to Speed 2 and position blade against sweet potato to process.
- Repeat with remaining sweet potato, parsnip and beet sections.
- Transfer vegetable sheets to cutting board and cut into irregular square and triangular pieces, about 2-inches.
- Toss with olive oil and spread out evenly on 2-3 baking sheets. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake until crisp, 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let cool completely before serving with Chimichurri Dip.